This gift was made for the same friend that I made the DIY canvas gift for! The memory jar was just as much fun to make because I’ve been friends with this person since she moved to the area in 6th grade and thinking back to all of our crazy and fun memories together made me nostalgic.
What You’ll Need:
I’ve included links to Amazon, which is where I find the cheapest deals
- Large mason jar
- Hot glue gun & hot glue sticks
- Scissors/decorative edge scissors
- Sharpie pen
- Stack of colorful cardstock
- Cut two rectangles the size of your choice – one big, one small. Use the decorative edge scissors for the smaller rectangle.
- Write, “Remember when…” on the smaller rectangle.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue the smaller rectangle on top of the bigger rectangle.
- Once dry, glue the rectangles in the middle of the mason jar.
- Use the lid of the mason jar to outline a circle on your choice of colored cardstock. I used the same color as the smaller rectangle for consistency, but feel free to add another color!
- Write, “Memories with [your name]” and then cut and glue on the top of the mason jar.
- Cut 2”x2” squares on different colored cardstock. I went a little wild and used all the bright colors I could find.
- Write a memory on each square, then fold them up twice and place them in the jar. I only filled the jar up about halfway to allow room for future memories to be placed inside.
Thanks for reading! What fun memorable gifts have you made for your friends? I’d love to hear about them!
Author: Lauren Taylar
Lauren Taylar is a digital marketer and blogger. She is a graduate of the State University of New York at Oswego, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in public relations. When she’s not volunteering her time with Make-A-Wish, you can find her reading a travel magazine and sipping a glass of hard cider or wine.